Thinks happen

Comments and journal pages.

20090330

Musical Monday - Patty Duke


Patty Duke

Well. Don't just stand there.
Patty Duke went on to do much finer things. Miracle Worker for instance.

The Profile
(more than you
really
wanted to know)

is here.



Who's taking care
of the music?


These are
the most popular pages:
Alison Young
Art Pepper
Barney Kessel
Bettie Page
Curl-up-and-dye
Edgar Degas and the lost Ginger Nude
Ginger Panda
Gnat Trap
Little Annie Fannie
Marilyn
Resident Alien
Sunday Funnies


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous The Next President of the United States said…

    Yeah, I remember this one coming out. "Don't Just Stand There" was actually a Top 10 single the summer I was going into high school ('65), and the hometown DJ spun the platters at summer dances in the shelter at the city park seemed to have an affinity for the song. Seems like he'd play it three or four songs every time there was a dance. At that time, she reminded me, vocally, of Annette - and she still does!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:46:00 AM, Anonymous The Next President of the United States said…

    Sorry, I'm still shaking the stay-up-late-to-put-the-paper-out sand from my eyes this morning, and just realized I made some editing errors in the first post. So, to keep my wife from "grading" my post, here it is again with the fluffs unfluffed!

    Yeah, I remember this one coming out. "Don't Just Stand There" was actually a Top 10 single the summer I was going into high school ('65), and the hometown DJ spinning the platters at summer dances in the shelter at the city park seemed to have an affinity for the song. Seems like he'd play it three or four times every time there was a dance. At that time, she reminded me, vocally, of Annette - and she still does!

     
  • At Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:45:00 AM, Blogger anyjazz said…

    Thanks TNPOTUS. I know what you mean. About Annette that is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home