Thinks happen

Comments and journal pages.

20060812

Castles in air

Castles in air

opie_jeanne says:
Wow. Did you photoshop this?
Posted 18 hours ago.

anyjazz65 says:
Straight out of the box-camera. But I had about five shots to choose from.

I seldom think about post production of a shot really. Just stuck in a film-camera rut, I guess. I use photoshop some to clear up found photos.
Posted 14 hours ago.

opie_jeanne says:
The sky is so dark. That's why I asked.
Posted 14 hours ago.

anyjazz65 says:
I know. It was a dramatic sky to watch. These clouds were moving fast. This is looking almost straight east at nearly sundown. The sun caught only the highest clouds.
Posted 14 hours ago.

opie_jeanne says:
I think I understand. It was one of those hot days that feel like the air is quivering as you wait for it to rain?
Posted 13 hours ago.

anyjazz65 says:
Yes. Like that.

But, it didn't rain. We are losing trees now. Even the sturdy crepe myrtle needs the hose run on it constantly. The grass is long gone. I have birds at the birdbath that normally wouldn't come out of the wild into a "civilized" yard. Bob White, Flicker, Red Shoulder Hawk. I have to fill the birdbath six or seven times a day and it automatically refills three times on its own.

I lost a huge mimosa this week. Looks like a 40 year old cottonwood is next. It is really sad.
Posted 12 hours ago.

opie_jeanne says:
I hear you. It doesn't rain here either, most of the time it threatens us like this. We think we are losing our jacaranda but not from drought; it had termites when we first moved here but we think an ant colony has taken care of that problem, but the tree is struggling. I will weep if that happens.
Posted 9 hours ago.

queen of the universe says:
I love this shot. I would like to see it in b&w or sepia...(maybe). Sounds like you are in the grip of Ole Mom Nature's whims too. Where do you live? I live in central Florida. We've got several big ole oaks that look dead, and it's breaking my heart. The county extension sez it's possible they are in shock, because we had a full year of crazy high water, and now it's been rather dry... it always seems to be a Lesson in Patience, doesn't it?
Posted 2 hours ago.

anyjazz65 says:
This is in south-central Oklahoma about 30 miles from Texas. This is where the "Dust Bowl" was, where the "Grapes of Wrath" began. Much has been done over the last 70 years to prevent that circumstance again but it is still scary and depressing. Patience is the remedy, yes. I do hope Mother Nature does not run short of patience with us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home