Thinks happen

Comments and journal pages.

20140517

Remembering Sherry Meitler



A thread on Facebook had comments about a lady who entertains her mates at a retirement center playing piano in the social room.

She is 100 years old. Her name is Ivis Meitler.

One of the commenters asked, "Whatever became of Sherry Lynn Meitler?"

Now that struck a chord with me.

Sherry Lynn Meitler was my childhood girlfriend and playmate. It was the early 40's. I was 5 or 6 years old.

Ivis Meitler is her mother.


So I dug out a photograph that I remembered from the remnants of my mother's old black page photograph album. (About half of the album "went missing" and she never would explain why. But that's another story.)

This is Sherry and I; we are in front of the duplex where our two families lived from about 1941 to 1943.

At the Phillips and State duplex

Here we are playing cowboys and cowgirls, I guess. I have no idea why this rated two snapshots.

Sherry Meitler and Fred in our western outfits.
Fred and Sherry in Cowboy get up.

Sherry and Fred listen to the radio

I do remember that I really liked listening to the radio. Straight Arrow and Curley Bradley as Tom Mix and Brace Beemer as the Lone Ranger.

I suspect this is at Sherry's house.


Clark Family generation photograph

This is me with my younger brother Gary. That's Sherry in the middle.

This is probably the winter of 1943 as my brother is a bit older. Here he is with Sherry.

Clark Family generation photograph

Clark Family generation photograph

From the left this is my brother Gary, a childhood friend Gary Adams, Me and Sherry. I don't know why we were looking bored.

Gary Adams died, still residing in Salina, September 2, 2010.

Pin up girl in training.

Sherry Meitler in Pinup pose.

This is Me again with Sherry in our dance routine costumes.

Yes you read that right. Get over it.

There may be some discrepancy in the date written on the border of this one. In 1942 Sherry would only have been 4 years old.

Fred and Sherry in dance costume

Ivis and Sherry Meitler

And here is Sherry with her mother Ivis, the lady playing the piano at the top of the page.

And finally, here's our pin up girl in the Salina Journal, July 25, 1944

We lost our pin up girl April 26, 1993, in Cuyahoga, Ohio.

Sherry Lynn Meitler


Text Here

Text Here

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home