Thinks happen

Comments and journal pages.

20131001

Tuesday Thoughts - Recycling a Peanut Butter Jar.


First I scraped all the peanut butter I could from inside the jar, applying it sparingly to my toast. I licked the spatula too.

Next I soaked the jar and spatula in water and a squirt of detergent. I ran the water until it was hot. Cold water would not have made any advances toward loosening the peanut oil remaining in the jar and on the spatula.

I ate my toast.

I went back to the jar in the sink and ran more hot water into the jar, and scrubbed it with a sponge.

I wiped the spatula clean and dried it with a tea towel. The oil came off the spatula fairly easily.

But not so the jar, which required a third wash with fresh detergent and hot water.

Finally the jar was nearly clear of any remaining peanut butter or oil. I wiped out the inside with the tea towel just in case.

Now for the lid, it was the same process basically but some of the peanut butter had begun to dry out on the inner side of the lid. It took an extra washing and finally a wipe with the tea towel. I tossed the tea towel into the washing machine because it was rather smudged now and probably wouldn’t do for drying any dishes or hands.


Recycling a Peanut Butter Jar

Finally, I had the jar ready for the recycling bin. Just doing my bit for conservation.

That reminds me I need to add dish detergent and peanut butter to the grocery list.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home