Thinks happen

Comments and journal pages.

20150211

Postcards from Anthony


My grandson Anthony gave me some old post cards for Christmas. A thoughtful gift since I collect such things. For a few weeks on Wednesdays let's take a look back at a bit of someone's life.

Kansas

Postcard from Kansas

On Reverse"
Mrs Sadie Howe
Caluemet.
Okla.
Dear aunt: Hope this
will find you all well
and enjoying life to the
fullest extent. I guess
you have forgotten all
about your naughty little
iece that lives in Kan
Haven't you? I don't know when
we have heard from you. I am
still working and like it fine
but sure get tired lots of times,
and wish I was our in the
country. I can't hardly wait
for vacation time.
Leota

Designed, copyrighted and published by H. R. Schmidt & Company, Wichita,Kansas

There is no dated postmark. The Franklin one cent postage stamp was issued beginning 1908. The card shows a copyright mark dated 1912. The design seems to be by "Seward"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home